I am extremely passionate about fashion, music, entertainment,love and life and hope to be a magazine journalist or editor in the future. May the fierce be with you! :)

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Carrie Bradshaw: Sex and the Fashionista




I'm not here to tell you what fashion magazine you should read, but in my not-so-humble opinion Vogue is the fashion bible of all fashion magazines. I'm also a diehard fan of Sex and the City thanks to reruns on E!, so I have yet to be disappointed by any combination of the two. So in honor of SATC star and fashion icon Sarah Jessica Parker's latest August 2011 Vogue cover, here are a few of my favorite looks from my all-time favorite fashionista (other than Kate Moss), the fearless and unapologetic Ms. Carrie Bradshaw:

1) I'm beyond obsessed with the daring blush pink dress Carrie wore to recite her poem at a friend's wedding in Season 2. I've never seen anyone wear a look like this to a wedding and pull it off, but that's exactly what I love about Carrie: she takes risks when everyone else plays it safe, and those risks are almost always worth taking. I really hope that one day I can wear a dress just like this.
2) Season 3 is almost my favorite season for Carrie's fashion, and that's mostly because it was the season of corsages. Carrie rocked these corsages with just about everything from LBDs (like the fierce pleather one above) to basic tank tops and trousers, and they're really a great way to add some fun and color to a simple look. Thanks to Carrie I'm definitely inspired to infuse some floral adornments and fun accessories in my wardrobe this coming fall.
3) Carrie was fabulous in all six seasons of SATC, but she really saved her best for last in the 2-part series finale in Paris (!) She wore perfectly streamlined trench coats with winter hats and delightfully fun dresses and Manolos and Louboutins. But my favorite fashion moment from the finale is the big, gorgeous, flawless grey Versace dress. Even though we all knew she and the Russian artist Aleksandr weren't meant to be together at all, it was so much fun to see Carrie look fabulous in the fashion capital of the world and find her prince charming in Mr.Big.

What's your favorite fashion moment from Carrie Bradshaw? Sound off in the comments below or on facebook and twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment