I am extremely passionate about fashion, music, entertainment,love and life and hope to be a magazine journalist or editor in the future. May the fierce be with you! :)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Style Icons and how to get their look




Summer 2011 is winding down, and it's hard to believe that I'll be leaving for my third year of college in 3 weeks. So I've decided to talk about a few of the fierce fashionistas who are inspiring my end of summer/start of fall 2011 wardrobe. They're all gorgeous and fabulous, and I can't wait to share my current obsessions with you:

I've blogged about Anne Hathaway before to admire her wardrobe choices for Paris Fashion Week. But I'm officially obsessed with this dress and oversized sunglasses she rocked while on a yacht with her boyfriend Adam Shulman a couple weeks ago. It's so simple and classic, Jackie O would be proud. You can make Anne's look your own with oversized sunglasses and a fabulous day dress-I'd suggest shopping at H&M and Forever 21 for that quirky feminine feeling. Totally gorgeous right?
I've also talked about Ashley Olsen before, but I'm just as love with this black t-shirt and jean shorts combo from 2007 as I am with the Parisian-inspired look from a few weeks ago. It just looks like she picked a black t-shirt and shorts out of her closet and just went about her day. She has some classic aviators, a chic watch and old school Keds to compliment her casual basics, but what really makes the look is her big, black Prada headband-so Brigitte Bardot! Recreate the look by picking a basic black t-shirt from any cheap chic store and Levis jean shorts, then adding classic accessories like a watch, aviators, and black handbag, and twisting it with Keds or Converse sneakers and a bold accessory like Ashley's headband.
You may or may not have heard of Clemence Poesy before, but if she looks familiar you've probably seen her as Fleur Delacore in the fourth and last two Harry Potter movies. She really has that je ne sais quoi that French women have where they can get away with wearing pretty much anything. This is my favorite look of hers from back in 2007 or 2008. It's a perfect classic tomboyish look that Marlene Dietrich would totally covet right down to the fedora. You can rock this too by looking for tailored, menswear-inspired blazers, classic button-downs, skinny practical pants, a fedora, and menswear-inspired shoes with a fierce heel. Once again I recommend H &M and Forever 21 to get the look...I just did some shopping there a few weeks ago, and did very well at both places. I'll share my purchases with you in later posts. :)

Whose look do you admire? Sound off in the comments before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment