I am extremely passionate about fashion, music, entertainment,love and life and hope to be a magazine journalist or editor in the future. May the fierce be with you! :)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Minnie Muse: Forever 21's best idea yet

I have a confession to make: I am a huge, huge fan of Minnie Mouse. By huge fan, I mean I have lingering memories of dressing up in full costume-red and white polka dot dress and sometimes mouse ears, no shoes-as a six year old. I also have to confess that I have a borderline obsession with Forever 21 based on their great basics and high fashion take on cheap chic. So when I decided to browse the Forever 21 website as I usually do and discovered that they were launching their Minnie Muse collection inspired by my all-time favorite Disney character, you can imagine that I got very excited. And one look at the collection online did not disappoint: I saw a wonderland of Minnie Mouse sequin shirts, cardigans, sweatpants, hoodies, and -my personal favorite-accessories. Usually I'm not a fan of the crazy over-the-top references due to my fear of them looking too cheap. But I'm certainly a fan of the boyfriend cardigan with the mouse icon and pink bow, the rosette earmuffs that function as warm and totally chic, the fun thigh high socks, and the Minnie Mouse and heart reversible scarf. I absolutely love the scarf because 1) I have a thing for scarves, especially as it gets colder and 2) Minnie Mouse and hearts. Enough said. There are other things I love at Forever 21 right now as well but that's beside the point: Basically, if anyone reads this and is wondering what I may want for Christmas this year, I can happily say that now you know. As the weather gets chillier and heavy winter coats and trenches become the norm, it's nice to know that Forever 21 is reminding us of how fun fashion really can be. And I can't wait to go shopping over winter break and indulge in being a six-year-old once more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment